"Remember to breathe.
It is, after all, the secret of life.”
Gregory Maguire, A Lion Among Men
And remind yourself that this very moment
is the only one you know you have for sure."
Summer here in the Pacific Northwest was outstanding - warm, sunny, dry, and seemingly endless. But now autumn has arrived, bringing with it a cooling - warmth dropping a peg or two, and rain up more than that. I have loved the rich fecundity of summer but our temperate forests need the rain. It is time, once again, for acceptance of change:
- To work long and hard amid living things is a priceless experience.
- Tens of thousands of sea stars are dying and we've yet to know why.
- To fully hear the sounds of the earth is to deeply connect on another level.
- Contemplate all who came before - and all who are yet to come.
- Solitude is not the same as loneliness.
“I am never alone wherever I am.
The air itself supplies me with a century of love.
When I breathe in, I am breathing in the laughter, tears, victories,
passions, thoughts, memories, existence, joys, moments,
and the hues of the sunlight on many tones of skin;
I am breathing in the same air that was exhaled by many before me.
The air that bore them life.
And so how can I ever say that I am alone?”
~ C. JoyBell C.
- For most, busyness has become a way of life.
- Many of us can change our lives - if we want.
- Some are nesters, fussing and rearranging without going anywhere.
- Some are travelers, coming, going, yearning to be elsewhere.
- Some are both.
“Divide the constant tide and random noisiness of energetic flow,
with conscious recurring moments of empty mind,
Of this, the natural law of self-preservation demands.”
~ T. F. Hodge
Photo by Linda Baker
- We are all growing older.
- Growing older is not the same as being older.
- None of us knows how long we will be here.
- NEVER let a day pass without saying "I love you" - to someone.
- And mean it.
Photo by Linda Baker
“The river is now.
This breath between us.
The space between your heartbeats.
The moment before you blink.
The instant a thought flashes through your mind.
It is everything that is around us.
Flowing, endlessly flowing, carrying you
from then...to now...to tomorrow.
Listen: you can hear the music of it.
Of the passage of time.”
~ Lisa Mangum
It's good to be back - I hope that you will be also...